On the market, there are various smartphone models with a lot of storage space. However, if your device’s storage capacity is less than 128 GB or 64 GB, you’ll receive a ‘Out of storage’ notice in the notification bar after downloading a large game or file. Android devices provide a lot of customisation choices, which is a good thing. However, the slightly unsettling aspect of them is that the internal memory progressively fills up. You may boost the phone’s speed by freeing up internal storage in a few simple methods.
You may discover that having all of the files and programmes on your smartphone is vital, and you do not want to erase anything. However, some basic cleaning procedures can help you find a good way to get some extra memory. Also read OnePlus’ upcoming gadget could have UFS 3.0 storage with read and write speeds of over 1,800Mbps.
How to Free up Storage on Your Smartphone?
- Go to the settings of your smartphone.
- Choose a storage location.
- You’ll notice a list of file classifications as well as the amount of space available.
- Select ‘Free Up Space’ from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be able to choose between using the Google Files app (if it’s installed) or using the ‘Remove Items’ feature.
- You can use the Remove Items tool to delete photos and movies that you’ve backed up.
- You can also delete downloaded files and apps that are no longer in use.
Clear Cache Memory
The cache consumes the majority of the phone’s memory, so remove it first. Go to the settings menu and then to the storage tab. The cache can be found here. It must be cleared. None of your files will be deleted. Google will launch a subscription-based Google One service in India, as well.
Another way to clear up storage on your smartphone is to use Smart Storage Toggle. The gadget automatically deletes backed-up images after 30, 60, or 90 days if the ‘Smart Storage toggle is switched on. Even if the storage is full, it will destroy the backed-up files automatically.
Keeping unused apps on your phone takes up a lot of space as well.
How to Remove Unused Apps from Smartphones ?
- Open the Play Store app on your phone or tablet.
- Go to ‘My apps and games’ from the top left corner of the screen.
- From the top menu line, select ‘Installed.’
- Look for the words “look for” on the top line. On this gadget, there is a button on the right side that allows you to filter the list.
- Here, choose ‘Last Used.’
- The most frequently used apps will be displayed above. The apps listed below can be added or removed as needed.